This website is operated by JM Financial Group Limited. In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means JM Financial Group Limited and its related bodies corporate (Group).
We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (subject to exemptions that apply to us under that Act).
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy to take account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy.
This policy was last updated in October 2013 and it sets out the following:
- what kind of information we collect and hold;
- how we collect it;
- how we use and disclose it;
- security of information;
- how to seek access to and update your personal information;
- how you can opt out from receiving information; and
- how to contact us.
2. What information do we collect and hold?
This website does not collect personal information about people who access the website, except where personal information (such as your name and contact particulars) is voluntarily supplied, such as when our publications are subscribed to online.
Our Internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded including via tracking technologies such as cookies. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services.
To the extent this information does not constitute personal information, the National Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
3. How do we collect information?
We collect personal information from a variety of sources, including information supplied by you, mailing lists and our business partners.
We may collect your personal information when you open an account with us, provide a product or service to us, participate in our services or when you communicate with us by e-mail, telephone or in writing.
If, at any time, you provide personal or other information about someone other than yourself, you warrant that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
If you do not give us any of the personal information which we ask you for, it may affect our ability to meet our obligations to you.
4. How we use and disclose information?
4.1 How we use your information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and related purposes (which are normally obvious when we collect it), including to:
- provide you with news and information about our products and services;
- provide our services to you, to manage and account for the services, and to improve the services
- manage our relationships with you;
- provide you with information about products or services that may interest you;
- facilitate our internal business operations, including to verify your identity and to fulfil our legal requirements.
4.2 How we disclose your information
- We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
- to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of services to you, such as to regulatory authorities or advisors (whether in Australia or overseas)
- to other members of the Group (in which case, your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, managed and stored in accordance with this policy).
- on a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business,
- in connection with any sale of our business (or any part of it);
- as required by law subject to our professional obligations, as permitted under the National Privacy Principles; and
- with your consent.
4.3 Opting out
You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us or from third parties that send communications to you – for example, by unsubscribing from e-newsletters and other marketing or promotional material sent by us. You can do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of an email.
5. Information security
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All service providers and staff with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations however we cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws).
6. Access and correction
You may request at any time access to and to update personal information we hold about you. We may charge you a fee where access is provided. We may refuse to provide access if the National Privacy Principles allow us to do so.
7. How to contact us?
If you wish to gain access to personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information please contact (03) 9627 9900.